Assisting the Payroll Manager to ensure that all McGinley Temporary Agency Workers’ pay is processed accurately and efficiently within the specified weekly timescales ensuring full compliance with statutory legislation.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embrace and demonstrate commitment to the McGinley Values
- Maintain and keep up to date knowledge of employment law, statutory legislation applicable to Employment Businesses and Inland Revenue regulations.
- Follow the Company Payroll Process ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Match timesheet images to sales invoices before sending out to clients via post or email
- Responsible for ensuring all financial controls and processes are followed and that confidentiality and security of information is maintained always
- Liaise with the Branches to ensure timesheets are received by head office on time.
- Liaise with 3rd party payroll companies informing them of weekly pay details for workers and answering any queries or requests
- Complete all statutory payments and any deductions in a timely manner.
- Complete Weekly PAYE payroll analysis, CIS headcount, and payroll spread sheet for Financial Controller
- Weekly pay reports for 3rd party payroll company
- Weekly pay ‘check’ reports to operational teams.
- Previous Payroll experience in a busy environment
- Previous experience of entering high volume number of timesheets
- Payroll systems knowledge
- Tax Knowledge
- Accounting knowledge
- Ability to build effective relationships with Managers and employees in all levels of the business
- Ability to build effective relationships with 3rd party payroll companies to achieve the best service available
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work confidentially and discreetly.
- Experience of shared service centre approaches, cultures and methodologies
- MS Office inc Excel
- Tempest – Pay and Bill Software
- Pension – Auto Enrolment knowledge
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Strong team player
- Action orientated
- Attention to detail
- Organised & methodical
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Time Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Ability to adapt verbal and written communication skills to people at all levels
- Flexible approach to the working environment.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Attend company training courses as defined in the training programme for your job and grade
- Take part in self-learning opportunities
- Help your manager identify your own special needs training
- Prepare for and act following your appraisal